The role sits within Salterbaxter’s consulting team, covering strategy, advisory and communications projects. The Consultant would work closely alongside our team of Junior and Senior Consultants and would report into the Sustainability Director to deliver excellent work, advise and drive progress amongst our clients.
The candidate will be a mid-level experienced and knowledgeable sustainability professional who offers advice and counsel across a range of complex client challenges. Our work is mainly centred around materiality assessments, sustainability strategy development (vision, positioning, goals and targets), roadmaps and action plans for implementation, impact measurement and embedding sustainability through governance models and structures. The individual may bring a specialism in a particular sector or practice area. They will independently deliver high quality work, strategic thinking and solutions.
We are particularly interested in candidates that have technical experience and knowledge delivery on working with social and environmental policies and standards, and advising companies on how to implement. Knowledge of environmental management systems, conducting carbon footprint assessments, net zero strategies and advisory would also be considered a plus.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help shape and drive our business forward, building on an already highly successful team and client baseQualifications
Experience and qualifications:
- Strong issue knowledge across a range of different sustainability challenges, issues, trends and approaches - this could be practice (i.e. strategy, reporting, stakeholder engagement, communications, etc.) or issues-specific
- Working with Directors and Senior Consultants to apply sustainability knowledge and issue insight to successfully solve client challenges
- Confidently advise and present to clients, being able to think on your feet and respond quickly to changing client needs
- Understand client mindset, reputational aims, growth agenda and overall corporate priorities to spot ways in which the agency can support
- Working with team or independently to facilitate and build client relationships - i.e. active participation in workshops, facilitate meetings and be available for ad-hoc advice
- Working with the team, act upon and secure business development opportunities - develop pitch responses, collaborate to understand what the client will buy and deliver pitch outputs to a consistently high quality
- Support Salterbaxter in growing our offer
- Able to independently own medium sized accounts, developing and growing them, and coach Junior Consultants
- Able to manage projects efficiently and effectively including stakeholder, scope and budget management and reporting as required
Personal qualities and skills:
- 3-5 years of sustainability experience, with demonstrable exposure to strategy projects, either in-house or within a consultancy environment
- Ideally have a formal qualification in a related sustainability field
- Experience of ESG delivery and business development responsibilities with excellent communication skills
- Proactive, organised and meticulous - passionate about keeping promises, meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Able to think outside of the box and uncover creative and credible solutions
- Professional in outlook and a proven team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to respond and adapt to a range of situations and contexts
- Ability to work in an agile manner and adapt to fast changing requests - internally and externally
- Comfortable working in a small and ambitious team within a large agency structure
Diversity and inclusion is a core part of who we are at Salter Baxter. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group - whatever their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion doesn’t just fuel our creativity and innovation, it brings us closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work. As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us. #LI-Hybrid