My client is a leading global producer and supplier of superfruits, specialising in berries. With farms in some of the world’s finest growing climates - Peru, South America, Mexico, Morocco and China, they sell to retailers around the world, all year round. They are constantly exploring the potential of evolving technologies to provide consumers with better quality fruit. But, they have never forgotten their roots and responsibilities. For them, giving back is just as important as receiving. Wherever they are, they invest in projects that enrich and support local communities, cultivating a culture of respect. Respect for the way they treat their berries, people, and our planet.
It’s an exciting time to join as Marketing Manager and here is why-
The business has grown rapidly over the last 10 years but their brand hasn't evolved at the same pace. In recent months, there has been a significant push to carve out a Tone of Voice and solidify their visual identity and there is now a significant appetite within the business to build on this. People have tasted the benefit of a dedicated marketing ‘team’ and it’s safe to say they want more.
They are looking for a Marketing Manager to help them communicate their best self. To be passionately and proactively involved in finding the best way to bring their brand to life.
This is a great opportunity for a Marketing Manager to come in and build on this positive momentum, continuing to manage the brand development work and its application across established channels and assets (website, socials, reports etc.), as well as play an active role in planning and coordinating a marketing agenda that will align with the broader commercial and corporate agenda. This is a great opportunity to work as Marketing Manager, with a small creative team, building on their brand development and gaining global exposure, through working across various markets (US, Asia and Europe). If this person is passionate about the food and drink market - even better! At times, travel will be required as part of this role.
- Build and maintain an understanding of the business across the activity spectrum including consumer facing sub brands
- Build and maintain an understanding of the brand’s agenda, objectives and priority of initiatives
- Create a marketing agenda that will align with the broader commercial and corporate agenda.
- Ensure timings of marketing and comms work reflects the business activities
- Oversee marketing activity in China, working closely with the local Shanghai sales team and appointed marketing agencies
- Manage work streams across geographical spreads (predominantly Asia, Europe and America)
- Continue building and managing a pool of talented, capable freelance and agency resource that can drive the key marketing and communication elements; master brand rollout and alignment, tone of voice roll out and alignment, production of digital assets, manage copywriting writing requirements (press releases and reports), website development and management, trade show project management, managing design of point-of-sale collateral
- Support division and team resource to achieve company alignment in various media outputs and internal comms
- Contribute to the formation of specific marketing ideas, convert into assignments (that form part of the commercial agenda) and subsequent delivery & execution
- Have eyes on market trends, consumer preferences and competition
- Maintain and strengthen the company's brand identity, working closely with the lead designer as ‘brand guardians’
- Develop and ensure brand consistency across all marketing channels.
- Work closely with the commercial team to promote new partnerships, products, processes.
Digital Marketing & Content Creation
- Oversee and guide digital marketing efforts
- Work with the team to produce a content calendar
- Manage content creation, including blog posts, articles, videos, and social media content
- Ensure content aligns with the brand's messaging and values
- Build and maintain relationships with key media outlets, journals, and industry partners
- Monitor monthly spend on freelance resource and manage the marketing budget effectively, ensuring cost-efficiency and ROI
- Competitive Salary: They offer a competitive salary package that reflects your experience and expertise in marketing.
- Global Exposure: Be part of a global team and gain valuable international experience in the agricultural, superfruit and fresh produce industry.
- Travel Opportunities: Travel to different markets, industry events, and company facilities to gain insights and build relationships.
- Work Abroad: Opportunity to work abroad for two weeks a year.
- Pension: Pension paid as standard.