Science Writer – Life Sciences. Up to £44K. Remote working in the UK.
Are you a bright, creative writer who is passionate about telling scientific stories? Then this Science Writer role might be right for you
This leading life sciences marketing agency are passionate about how sciences can improve the world around us. Their work helps to ensure that companies, scientists and healthcare experts find and understand the technologies they need to drive discovery, cure disease, improve crop yields and make the world a better place.
This Science Writer would suit someone who loves immersing themselves in a topic and writing for most of their day (although there is typically time each week allocated to working and brainstorming with the client account teams as part of briefing sessions, and you’ll join and run SME interviews with clients). It would also appeal to someone who loves learning new things, craves variety and enjoys pushing themselves to develop outside of their comfort zone. There will be opportunities to develop your role in the future, potentially as a content editor where you could lead and manage a team of writers, though the desire to do this is not a requirement.
This Science Writer will have the below responsibilities:
- Working within an integrated marketing agency and the chance to work with clients across the globe.
- Writing a mixture of technical content including whitepapers, eBooks and blog posts, as well as creative content (e.g. social media posts, web copy, email copy, infographics etc.).
- Immersing in a topic and writing for most of the day (although there is typically time each week allocated to working and brainstorming with the client account teams as part of briefing sessions).
- Working on several projects at a time that span different topics and content types, rather than working sequentially.
- Interacting with clients on briefing calls
This Science Writer will have:
- 3+ years of science writing and content development in an agency or publishing setting. An agency or trade media setting is the preferred
- Minimum of a BSc, preferably a PhD, in a life science subject (biochem, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, neuroscience, molecular biology, microbiology, natural sciences)
- Good understanding of analytical methods used across these sectors
- A working knowledge of (or desire to learn) how content fits in the marketing mix and how to write for each stage of the buyer's journey.
- The skill to translate complex scientific ideas into compelling stories with clear narratives
- A flair for creative writing (e.g. creating compelling, engaging social media posts)
- Exceptional written and spoken English, including exceptional grammar
This Science Writer position is a full-time role and fully remote working anywhere in the UK, with the option of working in the office one day a week if desired. The agency have a competitive benefits package, including private medical insurance, annual bonus system, and quarterly retreats.
If you are a passionate Science Writer, please get in touch quoting job reference ILS130