Department: Events and Conferences, Domestic Bursary
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £27,000 - £31,000 per annum, depending upon experience
Merton College is seeking to appoint an Events and Conference Co-ordinator to work in our Conference Office. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career and become part of a busy and very public-facing department.
The College offers first-class conference facilities and hosts numerous events for leading organisations that include day meetings, seminars and residential conferences. Revenues from external conference events provide an important source of income that is used in support of the College’s academic and research activities.
This role will be ideal for someone who has customer service experience and an administrative background, with an eye for detail.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer care
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in the events industry
- Good working IT knowledge, including email, spreadsheets and databases
- Quick to learn new processes and systems, with the capacity to assimilate information at speed whilst maintaining accuracy
- Flexible in duties and working hours as well as a co-operative attitude
- Excellent organisation and planning skills Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, including Fellows, college staff, students and external clients
- Able to work independently and resourcefully as part of a wider team and proactively help other team members
- Ability to cope with a busy and demanding working environment
- Knowledge of AV equipment, although specific training will be given
- Previous work experience in a college or other educational setting
- Experience using booking systems, although specific training of the Kinetic system will be given.
We offer an excellent benefit package, including:
- In addition to the normal English Bank and Public holidays you will be entitled to 30 days holiday
- The postholder is eligible for membership of the University of Oxford Staff Pension Scheme (OSPS), which is a contributory scheme
- Free medical insurance Meals in College are provided free of charge when on duty
- Free car parking is available A loan is available for the purchase of seasonal travel passes
- Cycle to Work Scheme The College has a gym, which is free to use for staff and there are a number of organised activities such as yoga and circuit training that are also free for staff
Those wishing to apply for this post should complete the online application on our website via the Apply button by 9.00am on 27th November 2023.
Merton College is an equal opportunities employer.