Are you ready to join a fast-paced and exciting department that works with some of the biggest names in healthcare? At Langland Advertising, we are dedicated to improving people's lives through our projects, and our client services team plays a pivotal role in achieving that goal.
As a Senior Account Director, you will have the opportunity to oversee several accounts across our UK and global business, putting some of the most renowned healthcare brands in your capable hands. If you're passionate about progress in medicine, driven by the work you do, and relentless in your pursuit of excellence, you'll be a perfect fit for our team. We're looking for individuals who excel in leading, developing, and nurturing client relationships, as you will work closely with them to ensure the realization of their brand objectives.
On a daily basis, you'll be responsible for managing business development opportunities, taking charge of revenue forecasting, and fostering an open, respectful team dynamic. You'll collaborate closely with the Associate Director and Chief Strategy Officer to provide strategic guidance to our clients. Given that many of our accounts involve projects spanning the Publicis Health network, you'll also collaborate with PRP (Public Relations & Policy), MSE (Medical Strategy & Education), and our U.S. agency partners to ensure a cohesive and seamless experience. This role is fast-paced, hands-on, and offers an incredible opportunity to expand your experience across various disciplines, including medical education and communications planning. At Langland, we are a hard-working, supportive team that places collaboration at the heart of everything we do.Who You Are:
If you're ambitious, dedicated, and ready to transform how the world views healthcare, we want to meet you. Ideally, you'll have experience in a similar role within a creative agency. We are looking for candidates with a strong background in working with pharmaceutical clients and demonstrable skills in handling a wide variety of global projects and multiple accounts. You should have experience managing direct reports and building strong relationships with senior management. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must, and you should be recognized as a credible voice for both clients and internal stakeholders. Our environment is characterized by tight deadlines, fast-moving projects, and clients who demand nothing but the best. If you thrive in such an environment, you've come to the right place.Role Overview:
The Senior Account Director role encompasses many of the responsibilities of an Account Director while taking on additional responsibilities associated with the Associate Director role. This role takes ownership of specific accounts and proactively seeks solutions to grow the team, the business, and the agency. The role requires significant experience across various therapy areas, the ability to meet a range of client needs, and confidence in handling most client conversations without senior support. Additionally, this role involves managing teams, making recommendations for staffing, and prioritizing the agency's overall business growth.Responsibilities:Account Management:
- Define and own the strategy for the client.
- Manage the client within the scope of work (SOW) and oversee client health checks, service reviews, and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
- Influence the client's marketing strategy and lead client meetings to drive the client's agenda.
- Be accountable for client deliverables.
- Drive creative excellence.
- Identify opportunities to grow accounts through cross-selling and upselling.
- Collaborate with the project team and the client to agree on budgets, scope, and timelines.
- Be responsible for revenue forecasting and delivery.
- Oversee purchase orders, ITI, PO, invoice approvals, and SOWs reconciliation.
- Ensure effective management of financial reporting and trackers for both fee and out-of-pocket costs.
- Ensure regular and timely timesheet submission and approval for billing.
- Own the overarching relationship with the client.
- Manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Take responsibility for issue resolution.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives as projects progress.
- Conduct post-project completion reviews to identify areas for continual improvement.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities through evidence-based decisions.
Data & GDPR Management:
- Lead the direct team (people management).
- Lead a virtual team responsible for client deliverables outside of the immediate function.
- Manage any GDPR project issues.
- Ensure data policies are internally ratified within SOW/Contract.
- Communicate internally and externally in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Be comfortable with having difficult conversations within internal teams.
- Facilitate open and transparent communication, providing support to the team as needed.
- Extensive Account Management experience.
- Ability to create a vision and strategy for the brand.
- Experience in delivering change management programs.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Effective people leader and line manager.
- Experience with the full project lifecycle.
- Strong commercial acumen and financial/budget management experience.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and integrated communications.
- Knowledge and experience in the healthcare and pharmaceutical market.
- Experience working within an agency environment.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities through evidence-backed decisions.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Stakeholder/senior stakeholder management experience.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to consult and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders regionally and globally.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams across global clients.
If you are ready to embrace a role that offers significant responsibilities and the chance to contribute to the growth of our agency and our clients, we want to hear from you. Join the Langland Advertising team and be part of a forward-thinking, open-minded organisation that values new ideas and innovative approaches.Additional Information
Publicis Groupe operates a hybrid working pattern with employees being office-based on Mondays and two other days during the working week.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.