The Strategy Director is an integral member of any client team, as the principal strategic voice in the running, output and success of the account.
The Strategy Director is responsible for defining, delivering and steering strong, distinctive and effective strategy for the agency’s client partners.The Squad Model
We have moved to a squad system at Saatchi & Saatchi to give our best talent the opportunity to run a company-within-a-company in order to grow as future leaders of the company.
Each squad has its own leadership team, comprised of a Managing Partner, Creative Leader, Production Partner and Strategy Partner. Squad leaders are accountable for the culture, the creative, the clients, and the cash in their squad. But they cannot do it alone.
This Strategy Director role is to serve as a capable, confident number two to theStrategy lead; driving strategic excellence within the squad, nurturing Strategy talent and growing client business (current and new).What you’ll do
Who you’ll do it with
- Leading brand & creative strategy across a number of projects on Squad clients
- Execute campaigns with strategic & creative excellence.
- Managing, directing, synthesising and (occasionally) contracting a range of data & insight resources
- Developing strong client relationships, to ensure that your strategies are bought and that your influence is felt early in the client strategic process.
- Developing trust with the creative department, by reliably providing them with insight, inspiration and guidance.
- Actively contributing to the knowledge sharing and mentorship of the Strategy discipline.
- Becoming known as a respected and much depended on source of energy, inspiration and wisdom within the wider agency
- Responsible for applying any specialist skills required from outside the Squad whether internally (Data Arts and Social Strategy) from Groupe or from third parties
- Responsible for applying Saatchi & Saatchi strategic IP, thought leadership and products to the Squad’s work
- Support the development of effectiveness case studies for the work of the Squad and Squad entries into Strategy and Effectiveness awards
- Supports the nurturing and development of emerging Strategy talent within the squad; through hands-on guidance with their developing Strategy craft
These roles and responsibilities are delivered in concert with the Squad Strategy Lead, and in partnership with Brand, Creative and Production directors within the squad.
You will also work very closely with the entirety of the squad across all disciplines.QualificationsWhat it takes
What success looks like
- A proven track record of delivering strategic excellence into the creative process, being able to show clear examples and occasions where this has demonstrably delivered exceptional creative outputs.
- Must have evidence of contributing to strategically and creatively outstanding campaigns.
- Ability to evangelise how distinctive strategic thinking can add to the success of the brands they work on and the agencies they work for
- Clearly capable of leading other planners. Able to motivate, develop and retain strategists from across the discipline including Data Arts and Social Strategy.
- Able to excel at communicating strategic ideas, creative ideas and creative rationales to others and especially to their Client partners.
- Quality of the Squads strategy offering for clients as represented by client TRR scores (our ongoing relationship monitor)
- Elevation of the quality of Squads creative work as judged by the Leadership team and external creative awards.
- Quality of the squad’s brand advice and reputation for Strategy as judged by company Leadership and by the industry through strategic awards - IPA effectiveness, APG Creative Strategy, Marketing Week Masters and Effies.
- Business growth through increased revenue from existing and new clients in concert with the Strategy lead for the squad.
- The overall shape and diversity of the Strategy discipline
Please note that Publicis Groupe is anequal opportunitiesemployer andwelcomesapplications from all sections of society anddoes not discriminateon grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.