A craft-focused design role responsible for creating digital assets for multimedia and screen-based projects, including websites, mobile apps, advertising, animation, emails, social media, video games, and interactive displays.
The Digital Designer role sits within the heart of the agency - the Design Studio team - alongside other specialists in print design, illustration, typography, art direction, photo retouching and 3D visualisation.
The studio works closely with colleagues in the Creative, Strategy and Delivery teams to realise branded collateral for our clients in whatever channels and formats required.
The role requires high levels of collaboration with these teams, as well as external partners and vendors.
We encourage all members of the team to be client-facing, where required, and able to present your work.Key responsibilities
- Synthesis of a design brief into tangible digital design outputs - web pages, web UI components, emails, banners, promos, eCommerce assets and social media posts
- Following and interpreting digital brand guidelines to either inform conceptual routes for original work, or delivering digital assets to precise visual and technical specifications
- Undertaking (quick) design direction explorations to identify different approaches, before honing in on the approach that best suits the brief
- Presenting and explain design decisions, approaches and solution characteristics to colleagues and clients
- Where appropriate, contributing to evolving design libraries with new components / assets. Ability to document your digital designs to other designers and developers
- Promoting and designing appropriate digital workflows (creation, delivery, and archiving) for the agency and/or client and integrating with other departments seamlessly
- Being pragmatic about budget and time constraints and being able to give realistic estimates on what's needed to get something done.
- Being open to exploring new skills, and receiving on-the-job training
- The ability to manage your time effectively and work to deadlines.
- Accurately and truthfully report your project hours on the company timesheet system
- As the agency grows, you may expected to help interview and critique prospects hoping to join the team
- As part of annual review processes, provide constructive feedback on your colleagues work output and demeanour
- Being a positive contributor to agency culture, and championing and exhibiting the agency values wherever possible
- Having already commercial experience as a digital designer in an agency or in house team environment
- Solid working knowledge of the craft of digital design - responsive grids, break points, digital typography, photography, illustration, animation, interaction and accessibility
- Good working knowledge of common interaction patterns in common consumer touchpoints - web, apps, kiosks etc
- A working knowledge of front-end build, and how it translates to UI design, and design production workflows for manufacture
- Awareness of, or (better) ability to prototype your designs in tools like InVision, Figma or Axure. Fluency in digital design software and workflow platforms - Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, InVision and Zeplin
- Familiarity in workflow tools such as Monday.com, Asana, Trello, Jira, Teams and Slack
Diversity and inclusion is a core part of who we are at Publicis Poke. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group - whatever their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion doesn’t just fuel our creativity and innovation, it brings us closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us. #LI-Hybrid