Working with us
Our award winning Marketing and Engagement Teams make sure the British Heart Foundation’s voice is heard, whether it be online, in the press or on television. And we have a lot to say. Groundbreaking research stories. Human stories of survival. Inspiring stories of past achievements and future plans. And of course, the heartbreaking stories, the ones that remind us how much work there is still to do.
Help beat heartbreak for everyone
We’ve come a long way since we were founded back in 1961. And our huge progress is thanks in no small part to staff both past and present who have propelled us here. We’ve been involved in major breakthroughs; from stents and transplants to defibrillators and clot busting drugs. We’ve seen survival rates transformed and treatments revolutionised.
The most important thing you need to know about working at the British Heart Foundation is that every single day is about protecting our mums and our dads, our brothers and sisters, our grandparents and our friends. Together, we can beat heartbreak forever.
When you join the BHF we want you to feel valued every day. You'll be empowered to develop your knowledge and skills, and encouraged to be ambitious in reaching for the next challenge.
We want you to succeed, and will strive to provide all the tools, support and exciting opportunities you need to do the best work of your life. A vital part of this is by asking you to play a proactive role in your own development, and immerse yourself in BHF’s culture of continual improvement, curiosity and collaboration.
You'll be supported to create a personal development plan, mapping out your aims and aspirations for personal growth. Then we’ll help you to go for it.
As a world class organisation, we offer competitive salaries and an attractive package of benefits, designed to support the health and wellbeing of everyone who works here.
But more than that, we provide opportunities that are completely unique to the British Heart Foundation, such as going behind-the-scenes of cutting edge research, meeting scientists who are paving the way for future cures, and hearing from people who have directly benefited from the research we fund.
We have been recognised by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) for our Live Well. Work Well. programme and we’re passionate about creating a mentally healthy workplace for everyone. From lunch time yoga and pilates to mindfulness sessions and team sports, we know there’s more to work than targets and being behind a screen.
Because we all achieve more together when we’re happy and healthy.
Here is a summary of some of the key benefits we offer:
- Live Well. Work Well: Heart health is central to our mission, and that starts with you. We provide a programme of activities, opportunities and guidance to inspire and support you to live a healthy and happy life, at home and at work.
- Generous annual leave: Your work-life balance is important to us. Our annual leave allowance is among the best in the sector.
- Eye care: We’ll pay for an annual eye test, and if you need glasses for screen work we’ll help to make them more affordable.
- Pension: It’s essential to save for your retirement. Everyone is eligible to join our group pension plan after three months.
- Childcare vouchers: We support our working parents by making childcare more affordable.
- Life assurance: Should the worst happen, life assurance will give your loved ones some peace of mind.
- Long service: We encourage you to develop your career with us, and celebrate your service at key milestones.
- Employee assistance programme: The EAP provides a source of confidential and independent advice for many of life’s challenges.
- Excellent training and development tools and resources: You’ll be supported to create a personal development plan, mapping out your aims and aspirations for personal growth. Then we’ll help you go for it!