10.00 Chair’s opening remarks - welcome from Clear Channel
Gurjit Degun, News Editor,
Aimee McKay, Client Partnership Director, Clear Channel
10:10 The current state of the industry
Keynote panel discussion
- Taking a cold hard look at the aftermath of behavioural changes and what it has meant for the Outdoor Media space
- The move to free space: has this helped or hindered the future of OOH?
- Is the high street finally dead? What will this mean for advertisers?
- Will lockdown result in a mass exodus from Britain’s largest cities? And how will this affect OOH media strategy and reach?
Alistair MacCallum, CEO,
Gill Huber, Chief Client Officer, Posterscope
Ali Jones, Customer Director, Co-op
10:50 Session break
11:00 Reflections from troublous times
- How OOH has reacted to extraordinary circumstances
- What brands can do to succeed in a changed and ever more last-minute media landscape
- How Clear Channel is steadying the ship and keeping an eye on the long-term
Justin Cochrane, CEO UK and Europe, Clear Channel
11:30 Session Break
11:40 Confused.com: marketing in unchartered territories
- Why advertisers must have a fundamental rethink around their role on the high street
- Examining how using OOH can illustrate clear, concise and measurable results
- How Confused.com still believe outdoor serves a purpose that no other channel can
Gareth George, Head of Media and Planning, Confused.com
12:00 Networking Lunch
13:00 The future of outdoor: The changing role of outdoor in communities
- How do young creatives and designers see the role of outdoor evolving?
- What can brands do to support and foster new ideas and approaches to OOH campaigns?
- How does digital enhance the OOH offering? Is it worth the investment?
- Going green: living roofs, meadows and solar panels
Will Ramage, Joint MD,
Clear Channel UK
Paul De’Ath, Course Leader at Central St. Martin’s, UAL
Phil Rowley, Futures Director, Omnicom Media Group
13:45 Session Break
14:00 Case Study: Hear from some of the most successful award winning campaigns of 2020
Case study 1: Delivering Dracula: a deep dive into the creative process behind the BBCs innovative campaign
- Interpreting the brief: what were the initial objectives?
- Initiation and ideas-how to bring the creative out in your teams?
- Execution: journey to the final product
- Key take-aways and what not to do
Jay Young, Head of Creative Solutions,
Vikki Stephenson, Senior Creative, BBC Creative
James Fairfield, Creative, BBC Creative
Matt Rees, Senior Creative, BBC
Case study 2: Co-op ‘Hold Still’ – curating a UK-wide Community Exhibition
- Identifying how OOH brought an online exhibition to the streets of the UK
- How location planning ensured reach in local communities
- Results and take-outs
Lee Mabey, Integration Strategy Director, Posterscope
Case Study 3: Carlsberg: Probably not the best beer in the World
- Identifying the right path to generate brand re-appraisal
- How OOH formed a central part of that journey for consumers
- Results and take-outs
Verity Rapachi, Communications Design Director, Initiative
Will Lloyd, Senior Account Manager, Rapport
15:20 Session Break
15:30 Is Outdoor media inherently boring?
- Does the media industry underestimate the value of outdoor?
- How can teams overcome these challenges in order to deliver exciting, engaging content?
- Why utilising outdoor effectively is the key to winning the hearts and minds of your audience
Sarah Jenkins, MD,
Saatchi and Saatchi
Ollie Deane, Director of Commercial Outdoor and DAX, Global
Neil Harrisson, Head of Media, Royal Mail
Catherine Morgan Ocean Labs
16:00 Chair’s closing remarks
Gurjit Degun, News editor, Campaign