09:00 Registration opens
09:50 Welcome from Campaign
Gideon Spanier, Global head of media, Campaign
09:50 Chair’s opening Remarks
Zoe Harris, Chief marketing officer, GoCompare
10:00 Leaders in performance panel: The future of brand and performance - integrate to survive
- Impact of performance marketing on brand building activities and vice versa
- Driving brand affinity, action and sales through a joined up approach
- Overcoming barriers to alignment: how can brands breakdown KPIs, objectives and cultural barriers in order to succeed?
Adam Wilson, Global director of performance marketing, Deliveroo
Barney Harrison, Commercial and marketing director, The Gym Group
Helen Gemmell, Chief marketing officer, Soak.com
Rob Bloom, Group digital director, McLaren
10:35 A view from the top: Driving profits and growth in a digital economy
- Exploring how CMOs are bringing together their marketing, brand and performance strategies to drive growth and profits
- How should organisations structure their marketing function to maximise efficiency and output?
Sam Day, Chief marketing officer, Confused.com
10: 55 Morning refreshment and networking break
11.30 Brand case study: Growing a startup business at scale- marrying art and science to build intent driven campaigns
- Data driven audience strategies to build awareness and consideration
- Brand storytelling in a digital world- building a narrative in a performance marketing economy
John Veichmanis, Chief marketing officer, Farfetch
11:50 Brand case study: The evolution of performance marketing at BT
- Adapting a performance marketing media strategy for a legacy brand in times of constant change
- Breaking down silos: developing the same targets and metrics for affiliate, paid search and organic search to optimise performance marketing
- Battling with internal challenges: changing mindsets and improving culture for a cohesive approach
Caroline Mulvihill, Former head of performance marketing, BT
12:10 Amazon’s performance and advertising platform - what does this mean for brands?
- Human vs machine - what is more powerful, the brand or the algorithm?
- A purchasing-powered search engine - what impact does this have on Google’s search volumes?
- A one-stop shop for ecommerce – is Amazon eroding brands’ direct-to-consumer proposition?
Jack Swayne, Chief executive officer, iProspect
Flora Kessler, Strategy partner, Carat
PM360 Dragons Den: Finding the next Uber
In this interactive pitching session, attendees will hear from Founder of Blue14 Jim Lewcock, on how to grow a performance business and bring in new investors. He will reveal what he looks for when investing in start-up’s and how these maverick marketing models can be applied to existing organisations of every shape and size to increase market share and profits.
Jim Lewcock, Founder, Blue14
Pitch Perfect: Dragons for the day
Three innovative start-ups will have three minutes to pitch their business proposition to the audience. They will outline how they have built their consumer base and grown their business through performance based tactics. Attendees will then ‘invest’ in their preferred business case using an online voting platform.
Startup pitch: Assean sheikh, Founder, Flavourly
Startup pitch: Peter Blencowe, Founder, Bluecrest
Startup pitch: Wendy Snowdon, Founder, The Food Market
14:10 Modern day measurement: joining up customer data silos
- Connecting customer data to generate actionable marketing insights that increase ROI
- Building an attribution model to isolate channels to get a clear view on channel contribution- understanding where to increase and decrease investment
- Understanding the limitations and challenges of walled gardens- how can marketers get a clear view on value of channels when they can’t see the full customer journey across platforms and devices?
Liam Howard Jones, Head of marketing, Virgin Experience Days
Sam Vining, Head of data & consultancy, iCrossing
14:30 Panel discussion: The in-housing debate - specialism or integration?
- In-housing performance marketing: Can brands retain the talent that it needs to effectively deliver and execute digital media in-house?
- Approaches to structuring your performance and marketing capabilities: In-housing or outsourcing to specialist agencies or an agency network?
Sammy Wem, Head of digital, Auto Trader UK
Toby Benjamin, Head of service partners, Merkle
Gellan Watt, Chief commercial officer, Lastminute.com
Moderator Maisie McCabe, Deputy editor, Campaign
15:00 Afternoon refreshment and networking break
15:30 It's time to reunite creative and media
- The state of the media industry: how does the industry need to adapt to keep pace with the evolving landscape?
- The new agency model: what does the future model look like?
- Bridging the gap between creative and performance media
Daniel Gilbert, Chief executive officer, Brainlabs
15:45 Stronger together- the role of performance marketing in brand building
- Using performance data and insights to help create and sculpt brand ideas and messages
- Getting your brand and performance agencies to see eye to eye - tips on cross-agency ways of working
- Understanding and identifying your audience through performance activity - including practical examples of how Hiscox have uncovered new audience segments through search
- Getting measurement right - joining up brand and performance metrics
Jamie Hoey, Client Strategy Director, Croud
16:00 The Beano Story: How beano became the fastest-growing children's website in the UK
- Exploring how beano increased audience numbers by 562% without breaking the bank
- The reawakening of the brand- driving digital growth through search, display and video
- Aligning content and performance marketing- using contextually relevant content to drive organic traffic and video views
Iain Sawbridge, Chief marketing officer, Beano Studios
Lucy Stamp, Director of digital growth, Beano Studios
16:20 Brand case study: Transforming an established brand in the digital economy
- Exploring how Diageo’s performance media strategy has evolved over time and how the key learnings will influence future plans
- Outlining the hurdles and pay-offs of aligning brand campaigns with online performance tactics to increase direct-response rates
- Adapting your online strategy according to regional and international markets - Taking into account consumer preferences, varying search engines and platforms
Ben Sutherland, Chief digital officer, Diageo
16:40 Chair’s closing remarks
16:50 Networking drinks