08:30 - Registration
09:00 - Chair’s opening remarks
09:10 - Finding your way: how KIND combines product with purpose
- Embedding your purpose in everything that you do and ensuring your messages match your actions
- Re-discovering your purpose if you need clarity; by going back to your origins
- Consciously finding the balance between product and purpose
- Staying true to who (and what) you are
Sam Wainwright, EMEA Marketing Manager, KIND Snacks
09:35 - PANEL DISCUSSION - Pin-pointing purpose - choosing the right issues that align with your brand values
- How do you ensure you are staying true to your brand and sector when addressing issues?
- Deciding which topics to focus on to remain relevant
- Cutting through overwhelm to identify the key topics that fit with your message
- How do you navigate the risks of performative purpose marketing to ensure you have actionable examples of your purpose commitments?
Kamiqua Lake, Founder & CEO,
Coldr & UK Black Comms Network
Guy Schanschieff, MBE, Founder, Bambino Mio
Holly Rix, Marketing Director, OTO CBD
10:15 - Purpose in action: how Given, John Lewis Partnership and 78,000 Partners brought purpose to life
- How do you turn words on a page into actions and decisions in the business?
- How do you make purpose real, understood and owned by everyone in the organisation?
- How do you use the power of your brand to make a meaningful impact in the world?
Becky Willan, CEO,
Victoria Rogers, Purpose Activation Manager, John Lewis Partnership
10:35 - Networking Break
11:10 - CASE STUDY: innocent’s ‘The Big Rewild’ - creating a successful pan-European sustainability campaign whilst implementing new advertising rules on green claims
- How innocent built a campaign all around rewilding the planet and learnt to become even more transparent in sharing their carbon neutral journey
- Take aways from implementing the advertising guidelines around green claims
- How to put together the right purpose-led campaign to drive consumer and policy change, do good, and make a tangible impact
- Working through the challenges of a pan-European sustainability campaign - choosing the right partners, initiatives, and activations in our markets to deliver one overall ambition to preserve and enhance our natural environment.
Jerina Hardy, Group Head of Communications, innocent drinks
11:35 - FIRESIDE CHAT: Insights from one year on and beyond: BT & EE’s Hope United campaign to tackle online sexist hate
- How the Hope United campaign has grown and developed from 2021
- Lessons from building and expanding on purpose-driven campaigns to maintain momentum and drive systemic change
- The impact of the campaign to date - why the cause matters, and how this has changed perceptions and had clear results
Alice Tendler, Head of Brand Strategy & Marketing,
Ophelia Stimpson, Planning Director, Saatchi & Saatchi
12:00 - Networking Lunch Break
13:10 - Responding to differences in generational attitudes towards purpose - a fashion industry perspective
- How to appeal to a range of consumers in light of differences in attitude and behaviours
- Charting the rise of preloved and repair - how generational pulls have impacted the demand for purpose
- When ticking the box is not enough, what should you do?
Jen Emerton, Head of Account Management WRAP
13:35 - FIRESIDE CHAT: Staying on the right side of environmental legislation - how to steer clear of greenwashing and virtue signalling
- Defining greenwashing today - what you should and shouldn’t do
- Knowing where the grey area is, and the risks of straying into it
- Avoiding sanctions and backlash - ensuring what you say is compliant
- Preparing for the future - what legislation and regulations are on the horizon?
Iona Silverman, IP & Media Partner, Freeths LLP
14:05 - What is the role of advertising and communications in our climate emergency?
- Hear about Purpose Disruptor's pioneering projects designed to help the advertising industry make the climate transition needed to support a thriving future for all.
- Understanding the level of transformation required within the advertising industry at this moment in response to the climate crisis
- Hear about the Purpose Disruptors journey - from 20 people in a pub to launching events at COP26 with 2,000 people and beyond.
Rob McFaul, Co-Founder, Purpose Disruptors
14:25 - Networking Break
14:50 - FIRESIDE CHAT: Better together - unleashing the power of partnerships and collaboration in a purpose-driven campaign to optimise results
- Choosing the right partners to collaborate with and align with your brand to achieve your purpose
- Ensuring you have the knowledge to back up and evidence your campaign
- Avoiding mis-placed or performative marketing and PR by collaborating with those who can channel your message in the right way
Ary Ganeshalingam, Global CMO,
Beth Reeve, Northern Europe Equity and Experiential, Colgate
Alex Beasley, Country Manager UK, Ireland & Nordics, Patagonia
Agamemnon Otero, CEO, Energy Garden
15:25 - PANEL DISCUSSION: Finding a future for purpose - refining your strategy towards a post-purpose marketplace
- Has the focus on purpose become excessive?
- Has purpose taken the fun out of advertising?
- How does a business balance profit and purpose?
- Standing out in a crowded purpose marketplace
- Looking to the future of purpose in the cost of living crisis, and current climate - what has changed and where are we going?
- Are we heading towards a post-purpose marketplace? What might this look like?
Daniel Matson, Head of Marketing & Communications,
Pooja Jagpal, Communications Director, A-COLD-WALL*
16:05 - Chair’s Closing Comments